Adds tools to the WP Admin > WooCommerce > Status > Tools page to move all orders of the selected status and cutoff date into the trash, where they can then be permanently deleted to improve site performance.
Many thanks to Chris Mospaw, Sr. Technical Project Manager, Pagely for describing this plugin during the WooSesh 2022 session How To Fix the Top 5 Performance Issues in WooCommerce 🙂
Greatly improve the performance of a WooCommerce site bogged down by tens of thousands of historic orders. Back orders up using your favorite Order Exports plugin, or rely upon integrated accounting software to keep history beyond the currently active orders in processing.
If you empty the WP Admin > WooCommerce > Orders > Trash with hundreds of orders inside, you may receive a timeout error of one form or another. Usually the trash will continue to clear. If not, simply return to the Trash later to clear out the remaining orders.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Prune Orders” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.4 on 2023-01-25
- Added: Support for HPOS, move to C.R.U.D. functions, declaration of support.
- Updated: WP and Woo version declarations, bumping minimum PHP to v7.4 which is on the way out.
- Fixed: Data sanitization to the date field.
1.3 on 2021-08-21
- Fixed: Latest WooCommerce compatibility.
1.2 on 2020-02-06
- Added: settings shortcut into plugin action links.
- Updated: code cleanup and updating tested-to metadata.
1.1 on 2018-10-04
- Added: feature to set date to prune up to.
- Added: plugin metadata for WooCommerce.
- Updated: cleaned PHP array instances to newer standard.
- Fixed: singular/plural response message.
1.0 on 2018-07-09
- Initial commit.