Wordable helps you publish Google Docs to WordPress in 1-click.
- Export in seconds (not hours)
- Less VAs, interns, employees
- Save 6-100+ hours/week
Individuals and teams save at least ~30-minutes per post, automating all the time-consuming HTML formatting fixes, optimizing content properly for SEO, and saving your recurring settings to publish all content consistently from now on.
“Since using Wordable, we’re able to publish more, publish quicker, and spend less time on the small things.” – Brett, portfolio site owner.
Who uses Wordable?
Wordable exports over 5,400+ posts every month for the following:
- SaaS teams publish to their primary site, and then republish translated content to multilingual ones.
- Publishers manage distributed writing teams while posting hundreds of times each month.
- Agencies juggle multiple client sites and save each of their unique preferences.
- Affiliates scale their content publishing with the same settings across multiple sites.
Here’s How Wordable Works:
Step #1. Write in Google Docs.
Write and collaborate with your team or writers inside Google Docs.
Wordable will automatically retain & format each HTML element for you, while stripping out all the SPAN and FONT tags, extra line breaks, spaces skipped, and other junk that messes up your content formatting and presentation.
Step #2. Optimize Posts and Pages to rank & convert better.
Sync folders & docs in seconds, then you can optimize posts individually or in bulk, like:
- Publish as different post types or pages
- Set the post URL, category, byline, and more
- Imports images into your Media Library
- Compress images, set their filename, and alt text
- Automatically set the featured image (per post, or the first image in each doc)
- Auto-generate a Table of Contents from headers
- Open links in a new tab and/or nofollow
- Format YouTube URLs as embeds
Step #3. Instantly export publish-ready content.
When finished customizing, simply load up your export queue and publish as many documents as you’d like with 1-click (either as a draft or live post).
You can save recurring export settings as templates, and apply these by site, category, byline, post type, or whatever combination you want!
Sign up for free now and start saving at least ~30-minutes every time you need to export a Google Doc to WordPress, uploading, formatting, optimizing, and publishing each post.
Why use Wordable?
Reason #1. Streamline your team’s publishing workflow.
- View and import documents from team members’ Drives (and vice versa). Sidestep permission issues or just simplify your workflow so that you don’t have people waiting on each other.
- Set a status on individual documents so everyone knows if something is ready to export, or if it still needs work or a review before publishing.
- See what everyone has already exported. Avoid duplicating your team’s work, while also staying on top of the latest content each other has published.
Reason #2. Customize & optimize individual documents before exporting.
- Have full control over individual document elements, like the post title, slug or URL, and featured images.
- Edit and optimize images prior to publishing. Automatically pull in image filenames and alt text from Google Docs, or customize these elements inside Wordable before publishing.
- Arm your team with a more efficient process, quickly editing the key elements of individual documents before exporting them all at the same time in bulk.
Reason #3. Automate your recurring, tedious, time-consuming tasks.
- Consistently apply the same export settings to all documents, organized by site, author or byline, category, post type, and more.
- Setup your preferences once, and then export as many documents as you’d like in 1-click from them on.
- Never manually set another featured image, create a Table of Contents by hand, edit links individually to nofollow or open in a new tab, and lots more.
Popular Publishing Tutorials
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to plugin settings to connect to Wordable.io
What is Wordable?
Wordable is a tool that instantly exports Google Doc files to a WordPress, HubSpot, or Medium post or page. We transform document elements into clean, fast HTML. We import, compress, and optimize images. We even work with tables and other special formatting. Wordable allows you to write in your favorite app and export it to your CMS as-is, without spending hours reformatting in clunky editors.
Why was Wordable created?
Wordable was created out of personal frustration spending hours copy & pasting from Google Docs into WordPress and manually uploading all those images, cleaning HTML, and more. We also believed there was a better way to export, format, and optimize content than spending thousands of dollars each month on people (read: manual labor) to do these tedious, soul-sucking, and recurring tasks.
Do you have a Free Trial?
Yes, you can connect a WordPress, HubSpot, or Medium site and export 5 documents in 7 days to see the magic of Wordable.
Where can I go to find out more, talk to someone or get a reference?
Please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to set up a call with us and/or arrange to talk to one of our customers. You can also check out our 50+, 5 star reviews on Capterra.
Who is Wordable for?
We’re honest. Wordable isn’t for everyone. If you only publish 1-2 articles per month, you probably don’t need us. If you publish more than 5 pieces per month, or publish across multiple sites, or work with a team of writers, then Wordable will save you hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.
How does Wordable save me time and money?
Wordable will save you roughly ~30-60 minutes per article. (Assuming you’re properly cleaning HTML, optimizing and compressing images, and optimizing content like we do.) Wordable is also automating work that you or hired employees will need to do. So take the number of articles you’re publishing, times the number of hours saved, times the effective hourly rate, and you’ll quickly see a GIANT ROI. Here’s how to calculate your own ROI.
How do I connect Wordable to my site?
WordPress websites will use our plugin to connect, while HubSpot and Medium only require a few simple clicks! If you run into any troubles, our team is standing by and ready to jump in to help get you connected ASAP.
How many sites can I connect to?
There’s no limit! Srsly. Our larger plans can accommodate hundreds (if not thousands) of sites. If you fall into this category, reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a call to discuss your unique needs.
Do you work with Google Team Drives?
Yes! You can connect team members, import documents from each other’s Drives, and collaborate across departments.
Can I transfer my account to another email address?
Yes, no problem. Please email email@example.com and we’ll transfer it over for you.
Contributors & Developers
“Wordable – Export Google Docs to WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Wordable – Export Google Docs to WordPress” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Double checking exported posts
- UI Fixes
- UI Fixes
- Set image captions and setting UI update
- Re-structuring and minor bugs fixes
- Allowing to update previously exported posts
- Fetching authors, editors and admins as authors
- Using author’s “display name” when available
- Fetching only authors
- Not using users to upload images
- Set featured image
- Bug fix when there’s too much data
- Updated description and FAQ
- Multi category hierarchy picker
- Payloadless Connect
- Bug fixes
- Logos and description
- Ability to add slug when publishing a post
- Total restructuring
- Bug Fixes
- Security improvements
- Fixed potential blank screen on plugin settings page
- Bug Fixes
- Bug Fixes
- Bug Fixes
- Updated UI
- Updated UI & Bug Fixes
- Send additional meta information when connecting
- Miscellaneous code cleanup
- Updates code to work with new Wordable API
- Replaced VERSION variable with WORDABLE_VERSION
- Transfers authors and categories after connecting, so that they can all come in, rather than only a partial amount
- Keeps Wordable secret even if the plugin is deleted, so that you don’t have to reconnect.
- Transfers all Authors to Wordable, instead of only Authors with at least 1 post
- Changed to one global Secret for all users, instead of a Secret for each user
- Resolved 414 Errors, by using much less data to connect
- Added functionality to post as Publish or Draft
- Post Types, Post Status, Categories, and all Author are now sent to Wordable App to be selectable when exporting
- Fixed a security vulnerability
- Fixed bug in reporting errors
- Initial WordPress directory release