This plugin replaces the pluggable wordpress function wp_hash_password() for a better security. The passwords are hashed with bcrypt. After activation the users should create new passwords.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
It can be installed in two ways, firstly by downloading the plugin from the WordPress directory website or by via the WordPress admin page for adding a new plugin
Downloading from WordPress Website
- Download the plugin from the wordpress plugin directory
- Unzip the plugin
/wp-hash-password/directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Using the WordPress Admin page for installing
- Go to the admin page and select the ‘Plugins’ menu, using the ‘Add new’ menu item
- Search for ‘WP Hash Password’
- Select install for the plugin ‘WP Hash Password’ by Ninos Ego
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Installing Plugin’ page in WordPress
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Hash Password” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Compatible with WordPress 4.1
Compatible with WordPress 4.0
Compatible with WordPress 3.9
Compatible with WordPress 3.8
Compatible with WordPress 3.7
Compatible with WordPress 3.6