This WordPress plugin is built to extend and remove the noob things in the WordPress SEO (WPSEO / Yoast SEO) plugin for you or clients who don’t care and just want a good plain technical SEO plugin.
It currently disables the following
- “All SEO Scores” dropdown select on posts & pages listings
- SEO dot, SEO Title, Meta Desc, & Focus KW columns on posts & pages listings
- “SEO: (dot) Check” in publish metabox
- “Page Analysis” tab content in posts metabox
What else I want it to do later if ever possible
- “SEO” dropdown from admin bar. doesn’t annoy enough to fix
- “Focus Keyword” input section and entire tab in the post/page screen metabox
All respect to the Yoast SEO crew (joostdevalk & team) still. A while ago I opened a proposal in their github repo to address this: WP SEO Issue #869 and later a Pull Request #2498 to try and address the post admin box content.
Feel free to comment in there that you want this implemented as an option or a more advanced filter – But until then here’s a plugin to do it.
If you think you’d like to contribute on Github, that’d be rad.
- Search via your wp-admin > plugins > Add New for “WPSEO Nuke Noob Stuff” and install
- OR Download then Upload the
wpseo-nuke-noob-stufffolder to the
- Activate the plugin
- That’s it. seriously. Everything is done already. Enjoy.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress SEO Nuke Noob Stuff” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress SEO Nuke Noob Stuff” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- test to 4.2.2
- mod plugin header info for WP repo
- test to wp 4.2
- get this into the wild as others may want it