Authentication Code is a lightweight plugin which will add an authentication field to your login form for better security.
No access will be granted when the authentication code is invalid or empty. Leave the authentication code field blank to disable the feature.
All users will have to know what the authentication code is in order to login to your website. This plugin is perfect for private companies or solo webmasters.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for Authentication Code.
- Look for this plugin, download and activate it.
- Go to Tools > Authentication Code and enter your desired code.
- I forgot my authentication code!
Please delete the “authentication-code” folder from your plugins folder and log back in via wp-admin. After that, you’re able to reinstall the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Authentication Code” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed an security vulnerability regarding
- Added support for WordPress 4.7
- Added uninstall.php and removed uninstall scripts from the main file
- Global update, added new systems
- Fixes an important user-reported bug.
- Initial release.