There are 3 shortcodes that can be used:
[logout] - A standard Log Out link, where the user stays on the login screen after being logged out. [logout_to_home] - A link that logs the user out, and redirects them to your home page. [logout_to_current] - A link that logs the user out, and redirects them back to the current page/URL.
All 3 shortcodes all support 3 attributes/parameters:
[logout text="" class="" redirect=""]
The 3 supported attributes/parameters are:
– The text to use for the link anchor text.
– The HTML class(es) to use for the link. Multiple classes should be separated by a space.
– The path/URL to redirect the user to after they are logged out.
– Default: the WordPress login screen.
– Note: must be a URL or path on the same domain name as the WordPress website (cannot be an external domain/URL)
[logout text=”Log Off”] – A
Log Off link that logs the user out.
[logout redirect=”/members/”] – Log the user out, and redirect them to
[logout_to_home text=”Log Off”] – A
Log Off link that logs the user out and redirects them to your home page.
[logout class=”log-out-link”] – Use a custom CSS/HTML class name for the log out link.
Note: the shortcodes will return nothing/empty if the user isn’t logged in.
This plugin is inspired by the Logout Button plugin by Ben Poland.
If you like, you can contribute to this plugin on GitHub.
- Activate the plugin.
- Add one of the shortcodes to a post/page.
What shortcodes can be used?
Please see the plugin description for a list of shortcodes and supported parameters.
Contributors & Developers
“Log Out Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix Typo
- Mark WP 5.5 compatible
- Mark WP 5.2 compatible
- Fix a bug that meant it was not possible to use specify multiple classes in the class=”” attribute. Thanks to @hughc for the bug report.
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility.
- Documentation updates.
- Clarify usage of the redirect=”” parameter.
- WordPress 4.1 compatibility.
- WordPress 4.0 compatibility.
- WordPress 3.9.2 compatibility.
- Add [logout] shortcode to plugin description.
- İlik versiya.