Using single shortcode plugin, you can hide specified content from excerpt of post. The content enclosed with [single] tag is output only if single page is displayed. It’s useful for hiding the following items from excerpt.
- table of contents
- relative links, etc.
Installed this plugin, you can use the following shortcodes.
- [single] shortcode outputs content only if single page is displayed
- [excerpt] shortcode outputs content only if excerpt is displayed
Enclose content with [single] tag.
[single] ... [/single] [single] ... [/single]
You can use [excerpt] tag as necessary.
[excerpt] ... [/excerpt] [excerpt] ... [/excerpt]
If you write the following code,
<p>paragraph1</p> [single] <h5>Index</h5> <ul> <li><a href="#item1">item1</a></li> <li><a href="#item2">item2</a></li> <li><a href="#item3">item3</a></li> </ul> [/single] <p>paragraph2</p>
the excerpt is displayed as follows. (Index is NOT output)
And single page is displayed as follows. (Index is output)
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Where is excerpt displayed?
- Blog homepage (latest posts)
- Archive, Category, Tag page
- Search result
- Posts feed (RSS/Atom)
* Please see Glossary for more information.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“single shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- [excerpt] shortcode also outputs content in search results and posts feed (RSS/Atom)
- Initial release