WP Editarea turns your Oldschool textarea code editor in WordPress Dashboard (plugin/theme editor) into a fancy realtime highlighted code editor using Editarea.
- Automatically detect syntax language
- Live preview in plugin option page
- Better than codepress (cPanel also use this)
- Easy integration, no file to edit
- Easy to use configuration page
- Multi language interface
- Bracket matching highlight
- Support many syntax
- Line numbers
- Toggle word wrap
- Interactive toolbar
- Search/replace with regex
- More at Editarea homepage.
- IE 6 & 7 & 8, Firefox 1.5 & 2 & 3, Safari 3.x & 4, Opera 9, 9.5, 9.6 and Chrome 1 & 2 and mostly all modern browsers.
The installation process.
wp-editareafolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory. Make sure directory structures are not changed. Or Directly upload from your Plugin management page.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings menu and set options you need.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Editarea” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Editarea” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Confirmed works with WordPress 3.6
- Small code changes
- Confirmed works with WordPress 3.5.1
- Fixed notice error when WP_DEBUG set to true
- Bug fixed: toggle word wrap option not work (reported by pattrick, http://takien.com/606#comment-1286)
- Added: toggle word wrap toolbar
- Default Display is now “onload”, instead of “later”. (I found saving problem when display is “later”)
- First release